The operations center of the core processing vendor we use, Jack Henry & Associates, is located in Lyndhurst, New Jersey, and was impacted by Hurricane Sandy. As a result, certain Centric Bank customer transactions that occurred between Saturday, October 27, and Wednesday, October 31, that would have been processed at Jack Henry & Associates’ New Jersey operations center, have not been posted to our customers’ accounts. Jack Henry & Associates has several disaster recovery sites in both Kansas and Oklahoma City and is working diligently around the clock to process all transactions.
We assure you that no customer transactions have been lost. Rather, transactions which included branch and mail-in transactions and Digital Deposit scanner transactions (remote deposit capture) that have occurred during this time period have not yet been processed by the vendor, due to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
We sincerely apologize for this personal and business inconvenience. Our customers always come first. In response, we have a team dedicated to assisting our impacted customers and working with our data processing vendor to correct this problem as soon as possible. Centric Bank has taken these immediate steps to help you, our valued customers:
- Each day, your transactions have been memo posted to your accounts so that you have the full use and availability of your money. Customers can continue to access funds via ATM machines and point of sales.
- All deposit NSF (Not Sufficient Funds) fees and late payment fees will be waived until this situation has been rectified.
- Rather than issuing October bank statements on October 31, we will be issuing those statements as early as possible in November so that this problem can be rectified by the vendor very soon and these customer transactions that have been delayed in posting are included in the statements.
- We expect that all transactions for October 27, 29, 30, and 31 will be posted prior to the bank opening tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. Bank statements for October 31, 2012, are expected to be mailed and emailed on or near Friday, November 2. Transactions received on November 1 will be memo posted to your accounts for tomorrow to ensure that funds are available.
- After the close of business on Friday, November 2, we expect that all transactions will be current and posted. Our Centric Bank Team remains in constant communication with Jack Henry & Associates, including their Chief Executive Officer, to ensure the best outcome for our customers.
Who to connect with? If you have been impacted by this situation and have any questions, please contact, Leslie Meck, Senior Vice President & Chief Retail Officer, at 717.909.8320 or email@example.com. You may also contact your local financial center and speak to the manager.
We want our customers to have peace-of-mind knowing Centric Bank will resolve this issue. Delivering excellent customer service by continuing to “revolve around you” will always be our top priority. In the meantime, we will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Thank you for your trust, confidence, and your business.
Patricia A. Husic, CPA
President & CEO